I’m sure it’s not just me that finds myself doing things and saying things that make me chuckle now I’m a mum. Tell me, is any of this familiar?
You know you’re a mum when…
1. You can’t get to sleep because you have the Thomas the Tank Engine theme tune in your head.
2. You get the urge to shout ‘tractor!’ when you see one whilst you’re driving, only to realise there’s no toddler in the car.
3. Equally when you hear a fire engine go by, the only reasonable response now is to shout out ne-nor neee noooor!
4. You start to talk in baby language. Sheep becomes Baa Baa. Yoghurt becomes Ogurt. Banana becomes Naana. You get the drift.
5. You use baby sign to tell a Spanish waitress you’re hot. True story – I really did this on holiday last year.
6. Your mum friend texts with the most amazing news ever…the poo has finally been done on the potty! Gold stars, high five, fist pump emojis all round.
7. You know all of the words to your child’s books and could read them out loud with your eyes closed… A mouse took a stroll in the deep dark wood…
8. You judge every new village you drive through on the quality of it’s park.
9. Pretty much every sentence that comes out of your mouth at dinner time starts with “You can have some yoghurt if you eat some broccoli/carrots/peas/anything remotely healthy that isn’t bread”.
10. Your heart melts when you get a simple “uv ooooo” at bedtime.
I could go on and on. Tell me what else should be on the list? Leave a comment in the comment box and let me have a giggle…
I’m linking up with: