Well that was a short week wasn’t it? A week full of highs and lows here. We started our long weekend with a birthday party of Miss Belle’s friends, which she loved. Then we had a fairly chilled Sunday just going swimming. Bank Holiday Monday was scorching hot (for a change!) and we had a lovely day at the Alysham Show. We saw the Red Devil’s parachute display team who were A-M-A-Z-I-N-G-! Miss Belle’s been a bit ill but she’s hopefully turned a corner so there’s been a couple of Disney films and snuggles on the sofa. But pretty much only Frozen will still cut it!
What I’ve learned this week
- A bouncy castle might be a good idea for Miss Belle’s third birthday party. Hilariously she wouldn’t go on the one at her friends for about an hour and a half, then she braved it when it was quiet. And, well.. of course we couldn’t then get her off it! She loved it!!
- Sticking with bouncing, Miss Belle’s had a temperature for a few days this week but this hasn’t stopped her jumping around all over the place. I’m going to start calling her Tigger.
- It’s been a while since I’ve had one, but I’ve had another blogging wobble this week. I’ve just been thinking about next year and whether I want to be blogging whilst having a new baby to enjoy. My maternity leave with Miss Belle was so special and now this whole blogging world consumes my head every day. I wonder whether it’s something I want when we have the new baby. I’m still thinking about it, but I feel a blog post coming on about it…
- A new annoying phase is the “Mummy I’m hungry” – me: “Do you want an apple?” – Miss Belle: “Yes please” phase. Which results in an apple having approximately four bites taken out of. Sigh.
- I spent Friday looking after Miss Belle and my friend’s son who is the same age. I wouldn’t go as far as to say it was a breeze, but, well yep, it was pretty fine! They entertained each other. I even somehow managed to get Miss Belle to go for a nap whilst I played with my friend’s son for a few hours. It gave me a brief sense of confidence ahead of next year! (Yes I know that’s probably going to blow up in my face now I’ve said that…!)
As I type this I’ve seen the X-factor auditions start on ITV tomorrow. Waaaaaaaahhhh! It’s official, the summer is over! I’m vowing not to watch it this year….!
Have a good weekend everyone.