Another week gone in a flash, hey? This week has been pretty quiet. We had a nice play date with a friend on Tuesday and we went to a summer Tumble Tots class which was nice to get out of the house to a “group”. I do miss them when everything is cancelled over the summer. Anyone else feel like that? It’s funny before the summer holidays start I see lots of parents either super excited or worried about entertaining the kids for six weeks. I don’t get those feelings as it’s just the same for us, but I do get an almost anxious “what are we going to do for six weeks!” kind of feeling instead. Weird! I’m sure it’ll change when she’s in school and we all need a rest! Oh and breaking news – how could I forget, Miss Belle did a proper roly poly down the soft play type slide this week. Massive breakthrough!
What I’ve learned this week
- I’ve definitely started to feel more achey this week. I’m 17 and a half weeks pregnant now and my lower back and hips are starting to ache, especially at night when I lie on my side to sleep. The pregnancy pillow has come out! It’s rubbish and huge though! Can’t remember the make but I don’t rate it at all.
- I’ve been trying out some new Tropic skincare this week. My friend is now a Tropic Ambassador and has leant me some samples after telling me how great it is. It’s all natural and much kinder on your skin than the stuff I was using before. As someone who’s always struggled with my skin I was worried it’d be too rich and oily for me. But I’ve been genuinely impressed. Even after just using it Monday – Friday my skin looks a lot brighter and feels much softer and less dry. So I’m buying a mini travel kit which should last me a month to see how I get on with it.
- Miss Belle has moved on from hitting at nursery, to hair pulling. Joy! I’m sure it’s just a phase but I hope she gets over it soon!
- Having said that her sharing and ability to say please and thank you have come on even more this past week or so. Her imagination and vocabulary continues to amaze me. This week it’s all about things being “dangerous” – said in a really scary, slow tone! Like “daaaaangeeerrrrous”. Bless.
- No matter how many times I put “gardening” on my To Do list, it just doesn’t get done. Really should just not bother I guess…
This weekend will be a quiet one for us, which I’m looking forward to. I may even do some gardening. Maybe. Probably not though….