Hey everyone, hows your week been? Ours has gone pretty fast again (seriously why can’t time just slow down a bit sometimes?!) We’re now up north for the weekend to celebrate my Dad’s birthday. We’re having a family get together tomorrow so Miss Belle will get to see her Aunty and Uncle and cousins who she’s not seen since April, so we are all looking forward to that. And yes, as it’s a birthday, there will be cake involved. Both me and Mum are making one, so there may be a teeny tiny bit of a competition to see who’s is the favourite!
What I’ve learned this week
- We had a lovely day with friend’s on the Norfolk broads last Saturday. We hired a boat for the day. The toddlers behaved and got on so well. Plus no one fell in! It did rain briefly but other than that the weather was good and we stopped for a nice lunch. It was one of those days when I realise what a lovely place Norfolk is and it’s a great place to live.
- I forgot the sheer joy that an elasticated waist brings. Hello maternity jeans, nice to see you again.
- I think we may be on the way to potty training. We have progressed to a few wees on the potty this week. Now I’m in that annoying situation of needing to phase out the promise of watching Frozen every time she does a pee. Anyone with advice on how to stop the bribery for potty success, please send it on a post card!
- We bought a new 50 piece jigsaw puzzle for Miss Belle today. It was too challenging for her, but Matt and I really got a sense of satisfaction from completing it! How sad – we are pleased with our efforts for completing a puzzle for those aged 3+!
- Miss Belle continues to increase her vocabulary with awesome phrases including “that’s crazy!” “I’m a nutcase” (thank you Grandad for teaching her that one) and “that’s ridiculous!” So cute!
Have a good weekend. May it be filled with cake like mine… Oh and one last reminder that my giveaway to win £25 of Organix foods ends on Wednesday. You can enter at the end of my Organix no junk carrot cake recipe post. Good luck!