This week can only be described as pretty good… Read on!
What I’ve learned this week
- Stop press – shut the front door – Miss Belle only went through flipping tunnel!!!! Awoooooohooooo!!! And not just one tunnel, oh no. A tunnel at Mini Monkeys, and our tunnel at home! (Yes we’ve had it since she was about 6 months old. She’s nearly 2 and a half and she’s only just gone through it. You can see why this is a big deal!) It was a high five, squeals of delight, running for my camera, jumping up and down, fist pump emoji text to Daddy delight!
- It gets better….. SHE WENT UNDER THE PARACHUTE!!! Previously deemed “too scary”, I encouraged her to hold it at Mini Monkey’s this week. She must have been on some crazy high of endorphins from her new “going-through-tunnels-oooh-this-is-actually-fun” moment. At the end of the class she lay down with the other children under the parachute for the Peekaboo song. Best. Day. Ever!
- Of course, this being Miss Belle, she declined to show her Tumble Tots buddies her new skills and refused to go through the longer tunnel. Back to reality…
- I took some well deserved me time this week and had a hair cut and my nails done. WITHOUT FEELING GUILTY! This is for two reasons. 1) I’m at a hen do this weekend and I just don’t want to turn up like a frumpy, frazzled, frizzy haired mum. And 2) It was my third hair cut since I became a Stay At Home Mum last June. So I think it was long overdue. I went for a last-minute appointment somewhere new and I’m really pleased with my new cut and colour. Miss Belle is in desperate need of cut so I may take her back there in a few weeks. It’s been months since our second attempt at her first hair cut!
- We had a really nice day on Bank Holiday Monday taking the bike trailer out and cycling about 12 miles. I may do a blog post on it soon. I was so shattered I couldn’t go Spinning on Tuesday!
I’m really looking forward to catching up properly with my uni mates and having time to chat without having to parent! Hope you all have a fab weekend too, whatever you are doing.