It feels like it’s been an even quicker week this week because of Easter and having a short week. As much as I loved the long weekend I’m glad our groups are back up and running. It was nice to get back into our routine. And Miss Belle won a sweep stake at Tumble Tots so we won lots of goodies which was nice!
What I’ve learned this week
- We had a busy Easter weekend seeing family and our friends but what I loved the most was our time just the three of us. We had chance to go and test out our new bike trailer which we’ve bought after enjoying cycling with one last year in the New Forest. It was lovely to hear Miss Belle laughing and shouting “faster!” at her Daddy pulling her along. We only nipped out for 40 minutes or so to test it out on the roads. As we cycled through the Norfolk countryside I thought how lucky we are to have it on our doorstep. The fields were full of oil seed rape and it was really pretty. We’re hopefully taking it out again this weekend.
- The Easter weekend was sort of tarnished by Miss Belle deciding she no longer wants to nap. I am not ready for this!!! I’m in serious denial and hoping it may be a phase. I really needed that time to blog without having to work late into the evening which I really don’t like doing because a) Matt gets annoyed (unless he watches the footy) and b) I find I can’t switch off when I go to bed and have loads of thoughts, ideas and mental to do lists running around my head. Plus Miss Belle’s poor eyes look so tired and heavy and I think she actually still could do with it. She’s not been overly grumpy but has spent the entire afternoons sucking her thumb and rubbing her eyes. Poor thing. If only she could switch off. (Today she has napped though thanks to two hours at soft play – result!)
- In blogging news, my DA has finaaaaaaally gone up to 20 after months of staying the same. If you’re not a blogger this will mean bugger all, but to bloggers it’s a score to show how authoritative their website is. The higher the score the better. I made it one of my 2017 blogging goals to increase my DA to 25. Apparently this is where it needs to be to work more closely with brands, not that that’s the be all and end all, but it would be nice. I now have to hope I can keep it and work towards my end goal for the year.
- Everything seems to suddenly be “too scary!” (said in really whiny, pathetic voice with face crumpled up) for Miss Belle. At first I thought it was cute, but now it’s kind of annoying. As in “shall Mummy heat up your spaghetti bolognese?” Her response? “Nooooo…. too scary!” Arrrrrrrrgh!! Hoping I can ignore it and she’ll move onto some other new phrase. Oh and I’d quite like “No! Go away Mummy!” to do one too…
- To fill the two hour no nap lull yesterday, I thought I’d take Miss Belle for a short walk down the road in a wooded area to look for a Stickman. She loved it and picked up so many sticks calling them Stickman until she declared one of them “too scary!!”… told you…SO ANNOYING!
May your weekend be full of naps and less irritating phrases!