It’s been another busy week for us and I don’t know about you but I’m so glad we have a four day weekend! I know Matt will definitely enjoy the break from work, and I’ll enjoy having him around for a few extra days. As usual, we are busy! Matt’s aunt is visiting his parents so we will be seeing them a lot. We also have a 1st birthday party to go to and I want to do some form of Easter Egg hunt in the garden too. I can’t wait to eat some Easter Eggs nom nom!! So, looking back I don’t think I’ve learned a great deal this week, but let’s give it a go.
What I’ve learned this week
- It’s all about the routine. At the weekend we had friends visiting and a lovely day out to see some Lambs at Felbrigg Hall. It was lovely sunshine but the excitement got to Miss Belle, who then refused to nap for three days this week! Luckily we’ve since had more “normal” days – busy or out the house in the morning, and then lunch, puzzles or books and a nap. Phew! I was so worried we were about to be dropping the nap. Naptime is blog time so basically I’m screwed when she drops it!
- Miss Belle seems to be getting more sensitive or going through a weird phase. Things keep scaring her and she gets upset if I leave. Last night she wouldn’t go to sleep without me lying in her room and we’ve not had to do that for months. Eek, really hoping that doesn’t last. I’m out tonight at least. Good luck Daddy!
- She’s never been that attached to a particular teddy but the last few days a teddy (I think it’s actually a sheep – seasonal eh? ) hasn’t left her side. It’s been in the highchair having breakfast, in the swing, to nursery, and of course at nap and bedtime. Odd and I think linked to this phase she’s going through, but very cute!
- My plan to keep trim using the Lean in 15 book I got in January has kind of fallen by the wayside. I really love the ethos and idea that it’s high protein, good fats, and only carbs if you work out. But with constant illnesses (yes I’ve had a cough/cold again!) and being away, and spending a bit less time in the gym, I’ve started to plateau. I visited a friend this week who has the Shift Plan book (I have the Shape Plan) and I think that I’ll get back on it after I’ve dropped a few pounds. I know I KNOW I should ignore the scales, but I know deep down (my jeans are too tight) that I have fat to lose. So I’m trying to follow Slimming World just for a few weeks because it seems to work more quickly. Then I’ll try follow the healthy Lean in 15 meals. It does however mean I won’t turn into an avocado because they’re high syns on Slimming World! And I’ve been living off them!
- We attempted to make some home made Easter cards this week. I left it to the last minute a bit but dutifully went to Wilko’s and even bought glitter. Really, I don’t know what I was thinking! The glitter is still in the pack. Miss Belle enjoyed it for all of 5 minutes before running off to invade my bag and find some crisps. This girl is all about the food… I don’t know where she gets it from?!
Happy Easter to you all. I hope you have some lovely family time.