I love writing these posts as a bit of a round up of what we’ve been up to over the last week.
It’s been a bit of a hard one. We lost Matt’s grandad last weekend which was sad. He was 95 and had been in hospital so we knew it was coming at some point, but it doesn’t make it any easier. He had such a fantastic life. Independent and living at home until just before he was taken ill. He used to make his own bread and soup, do his shopping and made his own meals. A true inspiration. I shall miss listening to his stories. It was fascinating to hear about how he was stationed away in the RAF when his son (Matt’s dad) was born and how he had to cycle to the train station, get the train all day and get back to see his wife for just a day. Such a different world to today. We will have the funeral in a week or so and that will be tough. We have to take Miss Belle as my parents are away and it’s on a Saturday so she can’t go into nursery. I’m hoping she will behave seeing as we’ve moved into the tricky territory that is the terrible twos.
Anyway, on with what else has been happening…
What I’ve learned this week:
- I have no will power. (To be fair I already knew this.) I have already caved and eaten chocolate which I’d given up for Lent. Must try harder next year. I blame the toddler.
- Having said that, I’ve lost half an inch off my tummy in a week, and definitely feel stronger thanks to following the Lean in 15 plan (most of the time).
- I had a real blogging wobble on Wednesday where I felt like giving up. I must stop doubting myself and putting so much pressure on myself. It’s all still new, there’s a lot to learn and I’m enjoying the opportunities it’s bringing. I had some lovely messages of support from some fellow bloggers who also feel the same so I know I’m not alone. It really is a lovely community to be part of.
- Spring is just about here – yay! We had a lovely day out in the Spring sunshine at the Dinosaur Park with my best friend who also gave me a mental slap around the face and helped to lift my spirits.
- Listening to my toddler say new words including “whoop” and “ri-dic-los” never fails to put a smile on my face – so cute!
Have a good weekend – we have a friend visiting which will be nice.
I’ll leave you with this picture – the last time Miss Belle saw her Great Grandad, and she didn’t cry, in fact she even game him a kiss. I’m so pleased. We will miss you “Big Grandad”.
I’m linking up wth some of my favourite bloggers: