It’s been a bit of a short week for me really because I’ve only had to parent on my own for three days (result!). We had a lovely weekend with my friend and her husband visiting last weekend. It was great to catch up over some nice food and wine and Miss Belle got spoiled with cuddles! Matt’s off today as we are visiting some uni friends and Matt’s relative up north for a few days.
I’m really looking forward to this weekend. We’re staying with one of my university friends who also has a little boy, same age as Miss Belle. And we’re meeting another friend’s new baby later and seeing my other university friend and her kids on Saturday too. I CAN. NOT. WAIT!!! The crappy thing about having kids and being far away from your uni mates is that get togethers happen less and less often. I’ve not seen Jen since last May and not seen my other two friends in a year and a half. I don’t even know how that is possible but it’s true!
So as you’re reading this I’m probably somewhere on the A1 singing baa baa black sheep on repeat, trying to entertain my toddler for five epic hours! Wish me luck!
What I’ve learned this week
- Miss Belle continues to go from strength to strength and is getting more confident by the minute. Not only is she now much stronger and confident thanks to her Tumble Tots classes, but at a soft play class we also go to, this week she also went through a giant hoop! Again we’ve been going since October and this is the first time she’s braved it, so after months of coaching her, I was pretty excited – so excited that I got my camera out!
- However the giant red exercise ball continues to scare the living daylights out of her. Oh well, you can’t win them all.
- People really like the words “free cake”! If you’ve not seen, this week I’ve done a review and I’m holding a giveaway for some cake by post from bakerdays. They send cake through the post, perfect for surprising someone this Valentine’s Day. bakerdays are offering a vanilla letterbox cake to one of my readers and you have until next Tuesday to enter. So far a lot of you on social media are excited about the chance to win a free cake!
- There’s nothing like leaving your daughter at nursery in fits of tears when you don’t technically have to go to “work” to make you feel pretty rubbish. For some reason this week Miss Belle went mental when I left. I think it was because one of her key workers that she’s quite attached to, wasn’t there. I so nearly just picked her up and brought her back home. All I was doing was housework/errands and blogging. I called as soon as I got home and she was fine. That worry never goes away though.
- Finally, I think I overcommitted myself to exercising three times a week in January. I’ve come down with another cold, my third now since before Christmas. It’s so boring telling you this but trust me it’s even more boring being the person constantly ill!! The constant coughs and colds have meant I haven’t been to the gym again this week! Ah well, there’s always this month…
Happy weekend everyone, I know I will with my uni friends x