It’s been a manic week….. because, we’ve decided to put our house up for sale!
I did want to write that we wanted to move this year in my 2017 blogging and life goals, but seeing as we’d not even spoken to any estate agents, or our neighbours, and were simply checking Rightmove, I didn’t. I might go back into the post and edit it now! Anyway, as anyone who’s got a toddler and has moved before will know, moving, or even trying to sell a house with a toddler, is hard work! The house has never looked so good, and now I’m on a mission to keep it that way, permanently, so if we get a call for a viewing I don’t have to re-do a load of hard work!
What I’ve learned this week:
- Miss Belle is now not only more confident at her classes, but she is remarkably more happy when swimming! We took her on Saturday and she loved it. Hurrah, no more cry baby of the swim class it seems! Though we still haven’t dared dunk her… Maybe next time.
- There’s nothing like putting your house up for sale and having viewings two days later to make you work like hell. I did 23,000 steps according to my fitbit over the weekend. I didn’t even leave the house on Sunday, that’s how much cleaning and tidying I did!
- Do not tell a toddler something they’ll be excited about before nap time. They just won’t nap. We went to see a friend and her new baby this week. She also has a toddler. I told Miss Belle we were going and despite it being a 45 minute car journey away, and setting off at nap time, she didn’t sleep. She just kept saying her friend’s name over and over. This resulted in an inappropriately timed nap before tea time, the toddler being woken, and therefore extremely grumpy, and she didn’t eat tea. Big mistake Mummy.
- Also don’t use cake as bribery for getting a toddler to walk. As soon as they’re home they will have a monumental meltdown when they get the tiniest bit of cake ever. Poor child.
- I may perhaps be over estimating the intelligence of my toddler. After asking her to take a small bag of rubbish to the top of the stairs the other day, I was later in for a surprise when I went to the loo, lifted the lid, and found the bag of rubbish in there!
And on that note, have a lovely weekend everyone. Mine will involve seeing friends and hopefully a lot less cleaning!