As if last week wasn’t crap enough with Miss Belle being ill all week, I’ve now got sinusitis. I’ve felt rough all week, whilst trying to entertain Miss Belle, who thankfully is back to 100%. It’s been our last week of classes and groups so I’ve taken her to places all week when I probably should have rested. Can’t really call in sick when you’re a mum though can you!? Anyway, I’ve got some drugs and I’m hoping they will start working soon so we can enjoy the festivities. We have a nice weekend planned with Matts parents so here’s hoping they work fast!
What I’ve learned this week:
- Who knew how strongly people felt about an elf?! As I’m starting to realise, my posts which cause debate, evoke emotion or strike a chord with other like minded people, get the most attention. I am in the anti elf camp. Thankfully quite a few fellow bloggers are with me on this. A couple of Facebook friends, not quite so much! Each to their own. The world would be boring if we were all the same wouldn’t it?
- When you feel really really poorly, you will cry over spilling a yoghurt. Fact.
- A friend who ‘gets’ you is worth 10 friends who don’t. Thank you India for picking me up this week and providing me with a massive bar of Galaxy chocolate when I was feeling low and poorly.
- Sometimes you just have to lower your standards. I really wanted to have a load of festive bakes ready for the weekend as my in-laws are here. I had a list of things to make and decorate. But I’ve had to scrap some, have only half finished others, and quite frankly that will just have to do. It’s been a “that’ll do” kind of week.
- It’s near on impossible to commando crawl out of your toddlers bedroom whilst coughing, without them realising/waking up/refusing to lie back down for an HOUR. Joy.
Happy weekend before Christmas/panic buying presents weekend everyone!