As it’s nearly Valentine’s Day I had to include something sweet that could be made as a gift for a loved one in this week’s recipe of the week post. I’ve decided to open up my recipe posts to fellow guest bloggers and this week I’m really happy to share some lovely biscuits from Cat who blogs over at Squidge and Boo. If you’re a blogger and would like to share some recipes please do get in touch.
- 200g unsalted butter, softened
- 350g caster sugar (plus some for decorating)
- 2 large eggs
- 1.5 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 400g plain flour (plus some for dusting and rolling)
- Strawberry jam to fill
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl.
- Add the two eggs and cinnamon and beat together.
- Add the flour in small doses, mixing thoroughly.
- Once mixed put the dough into the fridge to cool and stiffen for 15 minutes.
- Cut out biscuit person, add to baking sheet on the tray.
- Cut out a heart shape from the centre of half of your biscuits (the tops).
- Return to the fridge to cool and stiffen for another 10-15 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven 180*C (Ours is a fan).
- Cook the biscuits for around 12 minutes – sprinkling them with caster sugar about half way in (so it doesn’t brown, but still sticks).
- Once cooled, spread strawberry jam on bottom biscuit people and place tops on top.
This recipe made 6 complete biscuits (6 tops and 6 bottoms with our largest gingerbread man cutter), plus some small heart shaped biscuits out of the leftovers. If you head over to Cat’s blog you can see that the biscuits were pretty huge (which I loved!)
Thank you Cat for this lovely recipe. It sounds great to do with children and I can’t wait to give these a try with Miss Belle this weekend.
Like the recipe? Pin it for later…