I’m going to BlogOn, an actual blogging conference, in Manchester next weekend. All the eeeeeeks!! Last year I heard it was the friendliest blogging conference to go to, and the line up of guest speakers for the May conference is fab. I am so nervous about walking into a room full of people I don’t know. There will be bloggers there that I admire and follow, but who I have never met in person before. It’s scary and daunting! Why, why am I doing this!?!? Well I am sure I will learn more about blogging and of course network and meet fellow bloggers. This is why I set it as one of my blogging goals for 2017. I’m actually really excited. Plus, I get to stay over at my mates house and catch up with a few friends too. Win!
In preparation for meeting the other attendees I’m taking part in their BlogOn linky so they can all get to know a bit more about me.
I’m going to BlogOn MSI
- Share a recent picture of you. Ok, this is me being squished by my friend the other week. I have no idea who the random guy in the background is…
- Describe yourself in three words
Determined. Loyal. Chocoholic.
- How long have you been blogging and what made you start?
Nearly a year now, I started blogging at the end of June 2016. I left my job as a press officer in the NHS to be a Stay At Home Mum. I found returning to work after 13 months maternity leave incredibly stressful. Despite not working, I wanted to use my journalism background and writing skills and learn something new, in the hope that one day I’ll still be employable after a career break. So I started a blog about my new life.
- What was the inspiration behind your blog name?
I had always been quite career minded and very driven. I never thought I’d ever want to be “just a mum” but well, this is me now. Hence my blog name!
- What is the best thing to come from your blog so far?
Definitely giving me a sense of “me” back. I love being a mum. I love spending time with my daughter and now I don’t know how I’d ever go back to full time work. But I love having something just for me. Some time to write and use my brain. That is the best thing about blogging so far.
- Your most remembered thing from your childhood
Every summer me and my brother would visit my cousins who lived on a farm and camp out with a camp fire under the stars. It was always such an adventure and the first time I saw a shooting star. They had stables and each year I’d learn how to ride a horse. Then I wouldn’t ride all year and forget and have to go back to basics the following year!
- Something interesting you might not know about me is . . .
I worked as a broadcast journalist reading the news and interviewing people for local radio before I moved into PR.
- Which social media platform best describes your personality and why?
Probably twitter because I talk constantly.
- What is your happy song?
Justin Timberlake – Can’t Stop The Feeling.
- What is your favourite alcoholic drink
- What is your favourite cake?
- What is your favourite takeaway dish?
I love a curry – probably stick to a chicken tikka balti.
- Where is your dream holiday destination and why?
I would love to go to the Grand Canyon. I’d love to fly over it in a helicopter, land in it and have a champagne fuelled delicious lunch!
- What would your superhero name be?
I am so not into superheros… Super Susie?!
- If you had a magical power, would you want to have and why?
I think time travel so I can go back and see my grandparents and tell them about my daughter.
- What one weapon would help you survive a zombie apocalypse?
Oh man not into Zombies either… errr, a massive gun!?
- If you could send something into space, what would it be?
I wouldn’t actually – I think it’s perfect as it is and should be protected!
- What would you have on your gravestone?
Most loving mum in the world – that’d be nice.
- You make headline news around the world in 2 years time… but for what reason?
Being the next Masterchef champion. (I’ve never cooked Grouse, Pigeon or Venison, but a girl can dream!)
- If an EMP wiped out all mechanical forms of transport, how would you get to BlogOn?
Horse or a cow, whatever I find in the Norfolk countryside first!
So there you have a bit more about me. I’m really looking forward to meeting my blogging buddies and idols next week so if you see me come and say hi!