A few weeks ago on our return from our lovely trip to Bluestone we stopped at a farm cafe which had a spectacular display of Easter themed bakes. One of which was a mini egg rocky road. (There was also a creme egg version!) We sampled it and I vowed to recreate it at home, so now I’m sharing it with you! (You’re welcome!) I’ve used dark chocolate which makes it even more indulgent and it has a really rich chocolate taste. You do not need a big piece of this! You could use milk chocolate, but given the amount of marshmallows inside, it’d be really sweet. I made this with Miss Belle, who’s 4, and it’s a great Easter bake with kids because actually there’s no “baking” involved.
Dark chocolate Easter mini egg rocky road recipe
200g dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
100g mini marshmallows
2 tbsp golden syrup
120g crushed biscuits, I used half digestives and half shortbread fingers.
40g rice crispies
2 x 90g pack of mini eggs
Serves: 16, small but extremely rich pieces!
- Melt the chocolate, butter and syrup together in a pan over a low heat. Leave to cool for 15 minutes. This is really important, or you will accidentally melt the marshmallows, like I did!
- Meanwhile weigh out the other dry ingredients. Pop the biscuits and one pack of mini eggs into sandwich bags and bash with a rolling pin to break up.
- Once cool, pour in the rice crispies, marshmallows, broken biscuits and bashed mini eggs.
- Pour the mixture into a tin. I used a 20cm square sandwich tin with loose base like this one (affiliate link).
- Put the rest of the mini eggs over the top and push down into the mixture slightly.
- Pop in the fridge until firm (a good couple of hours).
It really is such a quick recipe to make. The hard part is waiting for long enough for it to set! Enjoy with a cuppa or an Easter get together with friends or family!
Like this recipe? Pin it for later…
This post contains an affiliate link to Amazon. This means if you purchase something I recommend I'll earn a small commission. It doesn't affect the price you pay and helps me maintain a professional website.