Well it’s the first Thursday of May (how, HOW did that happen?!) so it’s time for my new monthly round-up featuring my favourite photos from the #funseekingkids hashtag on Instagram. I say monthly, but actually we’ve only just made the change, so luckily for me I’ve only had two weeks of pictures to choose from. It’s going to be really hard to choose just eight favourites from a whole month!
For those of you who don’t know, #funseekingkids is an Instagram hashtag set up by me and Alana who blogs at Burnished Chaos. Anyone can use the hashtag when they post photos of kids having fun. Anything goes really – inside or outside, alone or with family or friends. The main theme is fun! Alana and I choose our favourite images and write a round up on our blogs and on our Instagram feeds on the first Thursday of every month. If you’re a blogger we’ll link over to your blog too. But don’t worry you don’t need to be a blogger to join in. If you’re new to the hashtag please let your friends know, we’d love to see some more feeds join us each week.
#funseekingkids round-up May 2018
1. My first choice is this gorgeous one from Lynne who blogs at New Mummy Blog. I follow Lynne closely as she’s got two children, similar age gap to me although her baby is a bit older, and she’s a stay at home mum. She also has a lovely Instagram feed. I loved this one of Baby B exploring the grass and it got my excited for all the things Little Man has to discover this summer.
NEW WONDERS Baby B has just discovered grass. Until this photo, 5 minutes ago she wouldn’t touch it, just sit on the picnic blanket. I was loving the predictability of it, and knowing it would not last. She’s such an explorer! She’s loving pulling t, playinnwith it…. now I wonder how long it’ll be until she’s crawling all over it! . . . . #developinglife #10monthsold #explorerkids #funseekingkids #coolmumclub #grass #newdiscoveries #happylittlebuttons #motherhood #livingfearlesslyauthentic #thehappynow #mummyshot #littlefierceones
2. My second choice is from a new feed I discovered, @everythingiloveinsquares. This is a great idea and shamefully one I’ve never done with Miss Belle, but I think she’d love it. So I’ll be giving it a whirl the next time the sun makes an appearance (fingers crossed this weekend!) Thanks Hayley for joining us.
Making the most of this beautiful weather and playing outside in the sunshine ☀️ Ernie is obsessed with cars at the moment so with a little help from mummy he has his own town ~ ~ ~ #getoutdoorsinapril #chalkdrawing #roadmap #springsummer #aprilchallenge #freespiritedchildhood #lovetheoutdoors #momentscaptured #sunshinefuntime #littlepiecesofchildhood #funseekingkids #seekthesimplicity #throughachildseyes #childrenofinstagram #inspiringothers #raisingboys #myhappycapture #ourplayfulstyle #enchantedchildhood #wildandfreechildren #raisingthoserascals #cherisheverymoment #littleernie
3. My next choice is of a girl after my own heart. I think we can all agree, this girl has skills! Thanks Mumful Minutes for sharing this with us.
4. My fourth favourite this month was from the lovely Jade. Jade has three boys and is all about the creative and messy play. Her blog Raw Childhood is an amazing source of inspiration, as is her feed. She also runs the #rawchildhood hashtag which you should definitely check out.
We got a lot done today in the sunshine! We were trying out our new mirrored tuff tray mat from @earlyyearsresources (see our insta story, the mat is a thing of beauty ). Again, I feel like a photographer using the iPhone X to get more stunning shots of the boys, this is one of Nico from our shaving foam play yesterday. I have been a loyal Samsung customer for years and now I feel like I need an iPhone x in my life too, it’s not greedy having the best of both worlds is it?
5. Next up is a beautiful one from another new feed I’ve found this month, @elsie_and_freya. I love a good sibling shot and this one is just gorgeous. Thanks for taking part and using our hashtag! You can find the blog Elsie and Freya here.
• SISTERS • I absolutely flipping adore this photo of my ladies, I love how there silhouettes show off their personalities. Elsie looking at Freya so lovingly and Freya having a too much fun I would love to spend everyday days going on adventures with these little ladies ♡ Everyday my heart longs a little more, they are changing before my eyes and I can not believe how quickly the weeks and months past by, only one more day to go for the weekend to arrive where we can make some more family memories @becca_sweeney_daly
6. Next is a firm favourite of mine, but I couldn’t not include it because it looks so much fun! Helen who blogs at Treasure Every Moment has such a pretty feed and this new water toy for the garden looks mega. I think Miss Belle would love it! Going to google one…
The sun may not have been so warm today, but it was still shining here ☀️ After an emotional morning taking Poppy to nursery for the first time (which she did so well with ❤️) we spent the afternoon both in the garden playing with the @officiallittletikesuk Fountain Factory Water Table and at the farm’s indoor play area Phew, I’m tired. The girl’s have been loving this water table and it’s really good for supporting their STEM learning outdoors too I’ve popped a blog post all about different questions you can ask and ways you can incorporate STEM activities in your garden, if you fancy a read . . . #linkinbio #gifted #pbloggers #ontheblog #parentingblog #parentingblogger #mummyblogger #ukparentbloggers #dearestviewfinder #stemeducation #stemlearning #homelearning #developinglife #mummyshot #funseekingkids #explorerkids #littlefierceones #lovelifeoutside #whatevertheweatherkids #littletikes #ltbigoutdoors #umh_kids #lifecloseup #worldoflittles #discoverunder5k #littleandbrave #toddleractivity #themagicofchildhood #candidchildhood #childhoodunplugged
7. This month there were a couple of family shots that caught my eye but I loved this one which Holly shared of her mum and Pickle. I too sometimes forget to take photos of my parents when they visit, usually because we’re too busy and I don’t think they’d like my phone out all the time. But it’s so important to capture moments like these. You can read more from Holly at Little Pickle Mom.
I promised myself ages ago, I would try and take more photos of my family. Obviously, I take tons of Pickle and LPD (Little Pickle’s Dad) but it’s rare I’ll get my camera out when I’m at my parents’ house. Mainly, it’s because I’m never quite sure if other people would want their photos taken (and I feel a bit awkward asking), but I’d hate to ever look back and wish I had more photos of us all together. Yesterday, during a family BBQ, it was the perfect chance to capture some gorgeous moments I hope I remember for a very long time to come. My Mum, Dad and two of my brothers have all returned home after a wonderful time away travelling in Australia – and although I’m so glad they had an unforgettable trip, Pickle and I were very excited to have them back!
8. Finally, my last shot is this awesome one shared by Elaine. I’ve seen these giant bubble mix things on the street in London but didn’t know you could get them to play with at home! Looks so much fun and definitely something to remember for my two as they get older. Thanks Elaine for joining us. Elaine writes at Entertaining Elliot.
The kids were abit late getting to bed tonight, we were too busy in the garden making giant bubbles! . . #lovelifeoutside #whatevertheweatherkids #childhoodunplugged #curiouslittleexplorers #kidsoftheoutdoors #outdoorkids #freerangekids #littleandbrave #funseekingkids #ourwhimsicaldays #children_outdoors #countrykidsfun #wildrootsrundeep #freespiritedchildhood #littlefamiliesofig #gardenfun #getoutdoorsinapril #wickeduncletoys #bubbles #giantbubbles #rememberingthesedays #developinglife #sharethebubblelove
Featured image badge
If you’re a blogger feel free to go ahead and grab the code below if you want to show you’ve been featured! Copy and paste the code below into the html/text part of your website.
Finally, I always add one of my favourite photos of Alana’s. Alana’s been really busy settling into a new routine with her new job, but her family had a mini break up in Northumberland a few weeks ago so I’m sharing this one. We are actually planning to visit Seahouses in June. I’ve not been there since I was in primary school! So I’m looking forward to it. It looks like Alana an the family had a great time.
This is what life is all about. Being together, smiling and having fun. This was a couple of weeks ago after our trip to Holy Island. We stopped of in Seahouses and took a boat trip around the Farne Islands to see the puffins and the grey seals. It was an amazing trip and I don’t think I have ever seen so much wildlife all in one place.
So that’s my #funseekingkids round-up for this month. Thanks to everyone who takes part. If you’re on instagram but haven’t joined us before, please do check out other feeds using the hashtag, it’s a great way to find new people to follow. And don’t forget to go over and show this weeks featured instagrammers some love. Make sure you head over to Alana’s blog to check out her favourite four posts too.
See you all in another month! Two bank holidays this month, so extra fun to be had I reckon!