I have my friend Claire to thank for this recipe. She introduced me to it years ago. I think her husband is the true creator though! I thought I’d share it as it’s so quick and easy, and really tasty. This Chorizo, Olive and Tomato Pasta recipe is probably not one for the babies, as it’s high in fat and salt from the chorizo and olives. But, hey, it’s time for something tasty for the grown ups! There are no measurements here as I just do it by eye, but you can scale it up for more people.
Chorizo, Olive and Tomato Pasta Recipe
- Chorizo – for two people I generally do about a third of ring you’d get in a supermarket. Not the ready sliced stuff.
- Cherry or plum tomatoes – as many as you have really, a couple of handfuls for two people.
- Balsamic vinegar – a good drizzle.
- Pasta (enough for a main portion per person)
- Handful of green olives, chopped
- Put the pasta on to boil.
- Chop the chorizo into chunks and fry on a high heat until it releases its oils and goes brown. Drain off any fat.
- Meanwhile grill the cherry tomatoes on a baking tray, drizzled in balsamic vinegar.
- When the tomatoes are cooked and the skins are crinkled, take the tray out and carefully with a fork, mash the tomatoes with the balsamic vinegar. You might want to wear an apron or make sure you’re not wearing anything white for that bit!
- Add the tomatoes to the chorizo pan, throw in the chopped olives and cooked pasta, and stir until everything is coated.
Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan!
I also added some spinach to this when I had it last week because I’m trying to up my iron intake now I’m expecting again. It didn’t take anything away from the salty meaty olivey goodness!
Like the look of this recipe? Pin it for later…