I’ve decided to write, and more importantly publish, a glorified monthly to do list. I’ve seen a couple of my other favourite bloggers do them and for months I’ve been meaning to do it but just haven’t got round to it. I’m going to jot down a mixture of blog and home life goals, to help me reach my 2017 goals I set out at the start of the year. Then each month I can look back and see what we’ve done as a family and what (if anything!) I’ve achieved for myself. So here is my April wish list.
- Sell our house! – Ok, aiming big here. We’ve been on the market a couple of months now, so I’m starting to get impatient.
- Find a house! – See above!!
- Sell our old wood burner. Really need to do this. It’s been sat in our garage for about a year.
- Have a clear out of my wardrobe.
- Clear out old CDs/books for charity shops.
- Keep on top of the garden/weeding etc. We’ve worked really hard on this the last few weeks so want to keep on top of it and not let it get out of control again.
- Head to the beach one weekend.
- Go to a local lambing day as a family.
- Do some Easter baking with Miss Belle.
- Do some Easter crafts with Miss Belle. I have a mountain of used loo rolls that surely I can muster into something!?
- Visit my parents, brother/sister in-law and cousin.
- Continue with the Lean in 15 plan for the month. I have two more months until holiday so this is something on my mind. I have to be honest, last month after a few weeks I struggled. Whilst I’m still on the protein smoothie for breakfast, I find lunches hard. There’s a LOT of meat in this plan and I just don’t always fancy it. It’s expensive too and I don’t want to be cooking a whole chicken breast in the middle of the day. Plus if we’re out it’s not possible. So I am half sicking to some faithful slimming world meals too.
- Keep up with exercising three times a week – spinning and insanity and swimming/HIIT at home. This has gone well in March and I’m definitely feeling stronger (HELLO actual press ups!) I really want to start running again but need some new trainers. Ok I’ll add that…
- Get some new trainers and go for a couple of runs.
- Fill in and send my form back to Age UK to be one of their volunteer befrienders. I’ve not mentioned this on the blog yet but I’ve applied to volunteer for the charity. Loneliness is horrid. I’ve experienced it in some ways as a new Stay At Home Mum. I want to do my bit to help those older people who haven’t got many people to talk to. I have the form, I just need to send it back and hopefully start helping some others in my local community.
- Read a new book – Sense and Sensibility. Aiming high here, this is hard to read and I usually only get a few pages done each night. Started it last night and I’ve read about 3 pages…
- Switch off my laptop/phone by 9pm every night. I TRY to do this but I do let it slip. Damn you social media being so important to this thing called blogging!
On the blog:
- Cut down on the number of linky’s I’m doing. I’ve recently been linking up with about 10 bloggers a week. For every blogger I link with, I then read 4 or 5 other blogs. That’s a lot of blogs to read in a week and it’s just taking up way too much time. That time in the evening when I should be switching off. This month I’m going to alternate with my favourite bloggers so that I don’t feel like I’m letting them down. I am going to experiment to see what affect it has on the number of readers and page views I get. It’ll also give me some time to focus on other parts of my blog.
- Continue to promote #funseekingkids and start a new weekly round-up post every Thursday.
- Go over some more old posts and tweak them for SEO.
- Continue with a photography course I’ve bought. Really haven’t done any of this in March.
- Get in touch with some old contacts about potential freelance writing or PR work. I made a start on this last month but need to think about realistically what time I have.
So there you have my monthly wish list for April. I’m looking forward to letting you know how I get on.