The lovely Pat at White Camellias has started a bit of a Mummy Bloggers craze when she wrote a post with 10 reasons why she rocks being a mum. After some lovely comments she decided to spread the feel good vibes and has started the #rockingmotherhood tag, where bloggers can write 10 reasons why they rock being a mum.
Lianne who blogs at Mrs Mummy Harris tagged me a couple of weeks ago and I’ll be honest I started a draft and got stuck. I think we can tend to be down on ourselves generally in this country and especially us mums. We sometimes just feel inept and a bit shit when we realise it’s 11am and we have mushed up banana in our hair because our little darlings who normally love banana decided this morning they’d rather spit it out and throw it at you…. Thanks Miss Belle!
Anyway, after much procrastination I have come up with 10 reasons why I’m rocking this motherhood malarky, and I bet you are too. Go on, have a think about it.
Why I’m rocking motherhood:
1. I carry on the hip like a pro. My daughter may have two legs and two feet but she sure as anything prefers to be carried. I have mastered the carrying a 2 stone toddler on the hip extremely well.
2. I make nice meals for her. Not every day, but I like cooking, and I like to know that she’s not living off chicken nuggets. (Fish fingers are totally acceptable of course.)
3. I embrace the random playing. Finding the pens, drink cups and teddy in the kitchen cupboard, the bag of rubbish in the loo, the “hello feet” with a kiss on my toes as I step on the scales. I love it.
4. We dance and sing and march around the living room and kitchen.
5. I eat pretend eggs and beans and cake… every… day! Thank God there’s no calories in it all hey?
6. I’ve taught my daughter how to say cheers – an important life skill I think you’ll agree. Every time she has a drink she sits there and chinks her cup against yours and says “cheers!” That’s my girl…
7. I can recite nearly all the words to the Gruffalo at any given moment, perfect to get her attention or distract her mid meltdown or during an uncooperative nappy changes.
8. If she bumps or “bops” I can soothe her tears.
9. I can make her howl with laughter in an instant with the best tickles.
10. She is my best friend and she says “luv oooo” – enough said. I’ll take that as I’m doing ok, more than ok actually. I am rocking this motherhood shiz out of the park! And I bet you are too.
How are you rocking motherhood?
I’m now tagging some other bloggers to have a go. Head over and have a read and find out why they are rocking motherhood too.
Tessa at Grumpy Mum Reviews
Alana at Burnished Chaos
Donna at The Sleep Thief’s Mummy
- Thank the blogger that tagged you and link to their blog.
- List 10 things you believe make you a good mother (this is just a guideline. It can be more or less than 10. I really don’t mind.
- Tag 3 – 5 bloggers to join in the #RockingMotherhood Tag.
- Grab the #RockingMotherhgood badge and add it to your post or sidebar.