It’s been another crazy busy week for us. We were away from Friday to Tuesday visiting friends and family. Two 5 hour car journeys and less sleep has left us a bit knackered. But it’s the weekend.. phew! This is a day later than usual because I wanted to squeeze in another post about our lovely weekend visiting my university friends last weekend.
What I’ve learned this week:
- Miss Belle’s memory amazes me. On Sunday we saw Matt’s aunt who she’s only met a few times. We got to her house, having last been there in November, and the first thing Miss Belle said was “ladybird!” We were last there for a funeral, and there were loads of flowers in the house, one of which had a wooden stick with a decorative ladybird on it. She’d played with it. How she remembered that from a few months ago, at just 2, blows my mind!
- Miss Belle has learnt the word “delicious” (one of the English language’s best words, I think). And she decided to tell me a salad leaf was “licious” – so sweet. And also a bit mental…
- She continues to practice for the X Factor with constant singing in her cot, around the house, in the car, and at her toddler groups. Such a beautiful sound!
- She doesn’t realise her own strength. After head butting me with some serious force yesterday morning, I was left in tears with a stinging nose, wondering if it was broken. So at 7am I was sat in bed with a bag of frozen peas on my face. Joy.
- Friendships mean the world to me. We had such an amazing time staying with my friends Jen and Martyn and catching up with my other uni mates last weekend. I’ve written a whole post on it, but safe to say, this image just melts my heart.
We’re having a much needed rest this weekend. Hope you have a good one.