Yay! It’s December! It’s nearly Christmas – a wooooohooooo! This week has been pretty great, and I’m putting part of that down to the fact that I’ve gotten over the blues I had last week after our lovely winter holiday and I’m now getting well and truly excited about Christmas!
What I’ve learned this week:
- All you need is love (and food and drink) – On Saturday my good friend Michelle and I went to the BBC Good Food Show. It was such a brilliant day full of my favourite things and it was so nice to have a bit of me time. Miss Belle had one on one Daddy time and I didn’t feel too guilty about leaving her for some fun. Maybe I’m learning to let go of that dreaded mum guilt?
- Having said that, dreams can be shattered. If you’ve not read my post you won’t know that the Paul Hollywood book singing was a bit disappointment. And the moral of the story is: learn from your first mistakes! Should have learned from last year when James Martin was a right moody bum!
- Going Christmas shopping with a toddler requires an armful of snacks. My car was in for a service on Monday so I spent the day in Norwich Christmas shopping. I ran out of snacks by 12pm! But we survived. I am definitely not going again unless I absolutely have to though. The majority is getting bought online this year.
- Miss Belle is clearly making friends at nursery and came home talking about three of her friends which was super cute. And she didn’t whack anyone this week – result!
- Someone has been telling Miss Belle that beans = farts. After trumping away earlier this week I said “Ooooh stinker!” to which she replied “Beans!” Now is this clever intuition as she’d had beans the day before, or has someone told her this – it wasn’t me!?
- I am slowly losing my mind at the patience required to get Miss Belle to either go up or down the stairs safely. She can do it. She’s done it for months. But every day, multiple times a day, it’s like she’s having a stand off with me and will not move up the stairs without me holding both her hands, and she won’t come down point blank. She just sits or stands at the stop of the stairs grinning and refusing to budge. It’s like she knows she’s slowly destroying my soul! I have tried bribery, counting to 10, and just giving up because I haven’t got a billion hours to wait for her to just MOVE!!! Arrrrrrrrgh!!
- I am also losing my mind over her inability to GO FOR A NAP! I could rant all day about this random phase we’ve hit. Safe to say after spending an hour and 10 minutes earlier trying to get her to go to sleep without resorting to controlled crying, I gave up. Please tell me she is not dropping naps at nearly two years old?!
- Finally, I think I am the only one that doesn’t give a shit about the stupid elf on the shelf.
So there you are. Sorry it’s not a tidy list of 5 or 10 but I’ve got fish fingers to put in the oven… and a glass of Seville Orange Gin (and tonic) to pour! (Thank you Good Food Show!!)
Have a good weekend.