Hello and welcome to back to my 4th round-up style ‘What I’ve learned this week’ post.
This week I’ve learned a few new techy things to do on my blog which has been fun, as well as a few more things about how I react to certain situations as I try to do this parenting thing.
So here we go.
What I’ve learned this week:
1. I finally learned how to make my slider on my home page which I’m pretty happy with. I knew my WordPress theme could do it, but I just never seem to have had the time to sit and figure it out. Luckily the husband wanted to watch some boring football one night this week so I spent the entire match figuring it out. Hurrah!
2. I also learned how to host a giveaway! This week I published my first post where I have worked with a brand who asked me to review their product. I was so excited to not only review the KidloLand App, but to set up a giveaway so that three of my readers can win a three month subscription to it! It’s an educational app for pre school children and Miss Belle really enjoyed playing with it. I used Gleam to do the giveaway, which is an online programme. Thanks to the brilliant post from Mudpie Friday’s for sharing her knowledge on how to use this service. I love how helpful the blogging community is! If you’ve not entered the draw yet, don’t worry, it’s open until 2nd November so there is plenty of time to enter – go on and have a look if you would like to be in with a chance of winning!
3. I headed to Sainsbury’s on Wednesday as I’d been given a heads up there wasto be huge toy sale in store only that day. What did I learn? People are mad! Me included. I was walking around in a bit of a daze, finding toys round every corner, picking stuff up, trying to find out how much it cost, and generally buying way more than I expected to or needed to. Still, we have Christmas and a 2nd birthday coming up and I got a couple of toys for other small people for Christmas too. I was so overwhelmed I bought an emergency chocolate bar in all the excitement!
4. Miss Belle is now not only terrified of tunnels, but of parachutes too. This week they’ve been out at two of our classes and caused so many tears. Today at Tumble Tots we had to go off and play by ourselves for 20 minutes (read: stand at the edge of the room glued to the floor, sucking her thumb staring at everyone else having fun). It was all I could do not to cry too. I kept telling myself not to be so pathetic, that it didn’t matter that she clearly doesn’t enjoy it that much yet, that it’s only been a few weeks. I know what they say, don’t compare your child to others, they’re all different, she’ll get her confidence eventually yada yada yada but some days I’m just left wondering if it’s just me who has the whinge bag of every bloody toddler class. I know we are so lucky – she’s happy (most of the time) and healthy, but man those classes are draining!
5. When in a bit of a grump because of the aforementioned Tumble Tots class, and you need a pick me up, but there are no biscuits or chocolate to have with your tea, breadsticks and biscoff spread go down pretty well. Try it. You’re welcome!
It’s half term next week which at least means there’ll be no more terrifying parachutes to contend with.
This weekend we are having our second ever night away from Miss Belle as we are at a wedding reception in Reading. Not going to lie, I am so excited about having a lie in and being able to eat a couple of meals ON MY OWN!!! WITHOUT FEEDING A TODDLER!! Hurrah for small wins!
Have a good weekend everyone 🙂