I’m back with my glorified monthly to do list. I actually nearly forgot to write this, but remembered literally at the last minute, so this may not be as thorough as last months! Each month I am jotting down a mixture of blog and home life goals, to help me reach my 2017 goals I set out at the start of the year. Then each month I can look back and see what we’ve done as a family and what (if anything!) I’ve achieved for myself. So here is my May wish list.
First I’m checking off what I did/didn’t do last month…
- Sell our house! Big fat fail.
- Find a house! See above!!
- Sell our old wood burner. Nope – though it is now listed online.
- Have a clear out of my wardrobe. Nope.
- Clear out old CDs/books for charity shops. Nope.
- Keep on top of the garden/weeding etc. We’ve worked really hard on this the last few weeks so want to keep on top of it and not let it get out of control again. Yes! It’s looking good!
- Head to the beach one weekend. Yep had a lovely morning at the seaside.
- Go to a local lambing day as a family. Yes – we went to Felbrigg Hall’s lambing event.
- Do some Easter baking with Miss Belle. Obviously knew I’d smash this! Did chocolate Easter egg nests!
- Do some Easter crafts with Miss Belle. I have a mountain of used loo rolls that surely I can muster into something!? Hmm made 2 home made cards so that counts?!
- Visit my parents, brother/sister in-law and cousin. Yep, was brief but good.
- Continue with the Lean in 15 plan for the month. Not really stuck to this but switched things up with some more Slimming World meals.
- Keep up with exercising three times a week – spinning and insanity and swimming/HIIT at home. Some weeks three times, some weeks only twice, but I’m ok with that.
- Get some new trainers and go for a couple of runs. Well I went for one run, but desperately still need new trainers.
- Fill in and send my form back to Age UK to be one of their volunteer befrienders. Application has been sent.
- Read a new book – Sense and Sensibility. Started but not even half way through.
- Switch off my laptop/phone by 9pm every night. Hmm I think I’m sort of half doing this but it still creeps later.
On the blog:
- Cut down on the number of linky’s I’m doing. I have done this and have more time, but my traffic took a slight dip some weeks. Overall though for April it’s slightly higher than March. Hurrah!
- Continue to promote #funseekingkids and start a new weekly round-up post every Thursday – done!
- Go over some more old posts and tweak them for SEO. Can’t remember!
- Continue with a photography course I’ve bought. Really haven’t done any of this in March. Big fat fail.
- Get in touch with some old contacts about potential freelance writing or PR work. I made a start on this last month but need to think about realistically what time I have. Started to look at options but need to really think harder about it.
My May wish list
May is going to be super busy with only one spare weekend where we haven’t got plans, so I’m being a bit more realistic!
- Sell our house!
- Find a house!
- Sell our old wood burner.
- Have a clear out of my wardrobe.
- Clear out old CDs/books for charity shops.
- Have a family day out one weekend.
- See my friends for a spa afternoon and night out at a hen do! Can not wait!
- Go to my first Blog Conference and stay with my friend too – super excited/nervous!
- Go to Radio 1’s big weekend with Matt!
- See my parents/family when I’m up north.
On the blog
- Get some more posts written to schedule in for June when I will be away.
- Carry on alternating the number of linkys I do.
- Write a couple of guest posts for people.
- Go over my notes from my last blogging challenge and apply them to old posts.
- Go over some more old posts and tweak them for SEO.
- Continue with a photography course I’ve bought.
So there you have my monthly wish list for May. I’m looking forward to letting you know how I get on.
I’m linking up with: