I’ve decided I need a bit more structure with when I post, and I thought one way of doing this was to publish a weekly “What I’ve learned this week” post. During the week there’s always some good and slightly shite things that happen, and when I look back on them I realise I am constantly learning about this parenting thing.
So, I thought I’d do a sort of round-up style post every Friday, with things I’ve learnt about parenting, blogging and life in general.
So here we go for week number 1.
What I’ve learned this week:
1. Sometimes people will disappoint you. My old comms team was up for a CIPR Pride Award last week. I couldn’t go because I couldn’t sort out childcare. It turns out we won a Gold award for an internal comms campaign I was involved in. I designed, took photos for and wrote a 12 page magazine and made two infographics. The magazine was a big part of the submission for the awards entry. I was told they’d let me know what happened, but I’ve had no text, email or tweet. I found out on Twitter. Safe to say I was pretty disappointed. Yes I don’t work there anymore. Yes awards don’t mean the world, but I’m still a CIPR member and it’s nice to get recognition for your work. They all know how hard I worked on that project.
2. I look old. Whilst in a lift moaning I was going to be late for an appointment at 2.55pm, a gentleman said to me “oh, for the school run?” That’s right people, apparently I look old enough to have school aged children. I know it’s only a few years away, but a little bit of me died inside.
3. Thomas is not a Really Useful Engine. He’s bloody stupid.
4. I like gin! Actual grown up gin! I tried Bombay Saphire for the first time at a wedding, and loved how refreshing it was. I feel both a bit old, and also like I have been missing out for years!
5. At 31, I can still do a cartwheel. This provides extra outdoor entertainment for Miss Belle.
So although I may be feeling (and looking) slightly older, I’ve still got it.
Have a good weekend everyone 🙂